Personal Communication Device Guidelines
- Students must comply with class and school rules and all relevant HCPSS Board Policies.
- Administration, faculty, and staff may request at any time that students must turn off and put away technology devices. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action and possible revocation of privileges.
- Individuals assume full responsibility for their non-HCPSS owned technology devices. This includes the device’s safety, security and maintenance.
- When not in use, all devices must be in “silent mode.”
- Schools may designate approved personal communication device zones/times on school grounds; however, personal communication devices may not be used in locker rooms or bathrooms at any time.
- Students must obtain consent from staff and participants before taking, uploading or sharing photos, recording audio, or capturing video during the school day.
- Student are permitted to carry personal communication devices with them during the school day. They must be turned off or in silent mode at all times. These devices may not disrupt instructional times and should be put away (in a pocket, backpack, notebook or locker). Instructional time is defined as from the sound of the late bell to the sound of the dismissal bell. Student may use their personal communication devices before or after school hours, during lunch, and during hallway/transition times.
- Any disruption to class or other educational activity may result in disciplinary action.
- It is a violation for students to exhibit irresponsible or unacceptable use of personal communication devices/cellular telephones during the school day as defined in the Student/Parent Handbook