2017 Fall Sports InformationFri, 05/26/2017 - 10:16am
2017 Fall Sports Information
The following information will help you to prepare for the fall sports season:
The fall sports season begins on August 9th.
All 10th, 11th, and 12th graders planning on trying out for a fall sport must have a 2.0 GPA with no more than one failing grade for the marking period.
All 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th graders will need the following:
- Current physical: Howard County policy requires every athlete to have a physical exam dated after April 1, 2017 in order to try out for any high school sport for the school year 2017-2018.
- Athletic Participation form.
- Copy of Birth Certificate. One time item. If the student has played a sport before, this is already on file.
- Proof of residency. This may be a BGE bill, lease, or deed.
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest form.
You can download all forms at http://www.hcpss.org/athletics/forms-and-guidelines/
All student athletes must be insured.
All students must have concussion testing prior to the first practice, except for Golf and Cross Country. Concussion testing is good for 2 years.
All outstanding student obligations must be rectified prior to August 9th tryouts for all perspective student-athletes.