FALL SPORTS TRYOUT SCHEDULE FOR 8/11/21!!!
Fall Sports Try-Outs will begin on Wednesday, August 11th at CHS! All interested Students must complete the Online Athletic Registration by Friday, August 6th thru their Parent Portal at HCPSS Connect. For more information regarding Online Registration, please log on to the chs.hcpss.org website. Students are Required to attend each Try-Out Session to be considered for the Team.
Wednesday, August 11th - Important Instructions for Try-Outs: Students are to arrive on campus, dressed to practice and bring a cloth or surgical mask with them in their sports bag in case it is needed (students may wear a mask during try-outs if they desire), and have their smart phone with them in case QR coding is required. Students are urged to bring a water cooler sufficient in size to hydrate them throughout each try-out session and at each practice, along with a towel and hand sanitizer. Check in time and location, along with the practice start and end time for each sport is listed below.
The start date for Allied Soccer and Golf are TBD. For more information, please the head coach below:
ALLIED SOCCER - Contact Coach Eddie Fowler at Edward_Fowler@hcpss.org
GOLF- Contact Coach Stephen Lee at Stephen_Lee @ hcpss.org
BOY’S & GIRL’S CROSS COUNTRY (Grades 9th - 12th)
6:30AM – 8:30AM – Check-in is at 6:15AM on the Track in the Stadium; Students are to bring a mask along with a water cooler sufficient to hydrate them throughout their training/try-out session; Any questions, please email the Head Boys Coach Mr. Slopek at Robert_Slopek@hcpss.org or the Girls Coach, Mr. McCoy at Kevin_McCoy@hcpss.org;
FIELD HOCKEY JV & VARSITY (Grades 9th - 12th)
9:00AM-11:00AM - Check-in is at 8:45AM on the Track in the Stadium; Students are to bring their Equipment, a mask along with a water cooler sufficient to hydrate them throughout their try-out/practice session; Any questions, please email the Head Coach Ms. Natalie Fyock at firstname.lastname@example.org;
FOOTBALL JV & VARSITY (Grades 9th - 12th)
6:00AM-9:00AM - Check-in is at 5:45AM on the Track in the Stadium; Students are to bring a mask along with a water cooler sufficient to hydrate them throughout their practice session; Any questions, please email the Head Coach Mr. Martin at William_Martin@hcpss.org;
BOYS JV & VARSITY SOCCER (Grades 9th - 12th)
11:00AM – 1:00PM – Check-in is at 10:45AM on the Track in the Stadium; Students are to bring a mask along with a water cooler sufficient to hydrate them throughout their practice session; Any questions, please email the Head Varsity Coach Mr. Thomas at Justin_Thomas@hcpss.org or the Head JV Coach Brandon Basilio at email@example.com;
GIRLS JV & VARSITY SOCCER (Grades 9th - 12th)
5:00PM – 7:00PM - Check-in is at 4:45PM on the Track in the Stadium; Students are to bring a mask along with a water cooler sufficient to hydrate them throughout their practice session; Any questions, please email the Head Varsity Coach Mr. Hurren at firstname.lastname@example.org or the JV Coach Gina Ianazzi at Gina_Ianazzi@hcpss.org;
VOLLEYBALL (Grades 9th - 12th)
8:00AM-11:00AM – Check-in is at 7:45AM in the Main Gym; Students are to wear a mask indoors until further notice AND bring a water cooler sufficient to hydrate them throughout their practice session; Any questions, please email the Head Varsity Coach Mr. Bossom at Michael_Bossom@hcpss.org;
CHEERLEADING - TBA (Currently looking for a Coach)
QUESTIONS? - Feel free to email the Athletics & Activities Manager with any questions - Ms. Jeannie Prevosto at Jeannie_Prevosto@hcpss.org
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING TRYOUT PAPERWORK ONLINE (Do not use Cell Phones, Use Parent Portal, Allow Pop Ups, and Limit File Size (4MB) for all uploads).
1. Login to your HCPSS Connect Portal (Parents & Guardian MUST use the parental login. Using your students log in info. will not allow you to register); Once logged in, go to the menu on the left and click the bottom option More Options. If you have more than one student, make sure you have selected the correct student from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
2. Click on Athletic Registration on the right-hand side Menu,
3. Click on the Athletic Participation Form and begin filling out form (All sports will be indicated as varsity)
4. Once you hit Save- all the other forms will open on the left tab
5. Complete all the forms: Athletic Participation Form, Sudden Cardiac Arrest Form, Concussion Information, Concussion testing program, and recent COVID-19 Awareness form. Please complete all additional document. Do not skip or leave any boxes blank.
6. Upload the following forms: Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form dated on/after April 1, 2021. Upload ALL pages of the Physical Examination Form (including COVID last page). Older physicals will not be accepted.
7. Upload a RECENT BGE Utility bill (BGE bill must be dated no later than July 1, 2021 or any earlier than two months prior to the start of the sports season). **No Cell Phone Bills will be accepted**
**Reminder: Physicals for Athletics are different from those used to register to attend school and wellness visits are not considered a physical.
** Reminder: Just because you have submitted all paper work, the AAM must verify the documents are complete, accurate and meet HCPSS guidelines.
Daily Tryout Schedule, Reminder that practices begin immediately after final rosters are set.
Any questions? Email the Head Fall Sport Coach below. Additional information will be forthcoming.
Allied Co-Ed Soccer - Coach Eddie Fowler – Edward_Fowler @hcpss.org
Varsity Cheerleading - TBA
Boys Cross Country – Robert Slopek – Robert_Slopek@hcpss.org
Girls Cross Country - Kevin McCoy – Kevin_McCoy@hcpss.org
Field Hockey – Natalie Fyock – Nfyock16@su.edu
JV Football – Sean Alkire – Sean_Alkire@hcpss.org
Varsity Football – William Martin - William_martin@hcpss.org
Golf – Stephen Lee – Stephen_Lee@hcpss.org
JV Boys Soccer – Brandon Bascilio – email@example.com
Varsity Boys Soccer – Justin Thomas – Justin_Thomas@hcpss.org
JV Girls Soccer – Gina Ianazzi – Gina_Ianazzi@hcpss.org
Varsity Girls Soccer – Hank Hurren – firstname.lastname@example.org
Volleyball – Michael Bossom – Michael_Bossom@hcpss.org