Student Technology Devices
To help remove technology barriers and advance equitable student learning outcomes, HCPSS has moved to a 1:1 student-to-device ratio. All students have or will be provided with a Chromebook. These devices are required for all county and state testing and assessments. HCPSS Technology and Devices information.
If you currently have not been issued a HCPSS device, students should report to the Media Center to be assigned a device on Monday, August 28.
Please find below information regarding technology support for fall virtual instruction that includes both self-help resources and how to request technology support.
If after reviewing these resources, your family continues to need support, please complete the CHS Student and Family Technology Support Request Form and one of our staff members will reach out to you as soon as possible. If you cannot access the online form for any reason, please call the school at 410-313-2856.
Staff will attempt to resolve the issue, and if unsuccessful will provide directions for exchanging the broken device for a working one at the school system’s Onsite Technology Center.
● All students remaining at CHS are encouraged to keep their assigned devices thru the summer to use for 21/22 school year.
● Students who are transferring to another HCPSS school, should keep their devices and take them to their new school location.
● Students who withdraw from HCPSS must return their devices to CHS following the directions shared above.
Students whose families do not wish to keep their device over the summer, should return it following:
● Devices MUST be handed to a staff member. Please DO NOT leave devices in the textbook bins.
● The devices can be returned beginning, Wednesday, June 9, between 7 am - 2:30 pm, Monday thru Friday.
● Virtual students should ring the front entrance doorbell and a staff member will collect your device.
● Hybrid students should return their device directly to the front office.