Do you feel called to serve the CHS PTSA? Are you interested in helping our CHS community? The CHS PTSA needs you and other engaged parents to keep the CHS PTSA running! Joining the CHS PTSA is a guaranteed way to meet other parents and serve the school community.
There are five (5) officer positions in the Executive Committee: President, Vice President - Programs, Vice President - Memberships, Treasurer, and Recording Secretary. There are thirteen (13) members of the Board of Directors (BOD): Executive Committee officers listed above, two (2) PTACHC Delegates, Principal, SGA Representative, Communication Chair, Fundraising Chair, Parent Advocacy Chair, and Staff Appreciation Chair. In addition, there are several special committees.
OPEN POSITIONS for 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR:
Executive Committee officer positions
- Preside at all meetings of the CHS PTSA, including the board of directors, and the executive committee;
- Coordinate the work of the officers and committees of CHS PTSA;
- Be a member ex-officio of all committees except the nominating committee;
- Review and initial monthly bank statements;
- Represent CHS PTSA at all council meetings or send an alternate;
- Perform such other duties as may be prescribed or assigned by the board of directors
Vice President - Programs:
- Act as aide to the president;
- Perform the duties of the president in the absence or inability of that officer to serve;
- Shall be responsible for programs, such as but not limited to, After Prom
Vice President - Membership:
- Act as aide to the president;
- Perform the duties of the president in the absence or inability of the President or Vice President - Programs to serve;
- Shall be responsible for all initiatives relating to tracking, increasing and reporting on membership.
Board of Directors positions
PTACHC Delegate (two delegate vacancies):
- Attend monthly PTACHC meetings and report at monthly CHS PTSA Board of Directors meetings;
- Represent CHS PTSA in voting on business matters at monthly PTACHC meetings
Communications Committee Chair:
- Help CHS PTSA Members and the general public understand the role and impact of CHS PTSA;
- Use CHS PTSA publications to promote events and share information with the CHS Community, such as email, school notice, newsletter, flyer/poster, social media, website, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date website
Fundraising Committee Chair:
- Reach out to community business/organization owners to raise funds for CHS PTSA;
- Fundraisers held in the past include but are not limited to restaurant fundraisers, gift card fundraisers, yard sales, etc.
- Act as an aide to other CHS PTSA fundraising initiatives/events such as Clothing to Cash, Pancake Breakfast, SAT/ACT Prep, Amazon Smile, etc.
As part of the Communication Committee:
- Eagle’s Eye Newsletter: Coordinate with Communications chair and other BOD from the CHS PTSA to publish weekly or bi-weekly Eagle’s Eye Newsletter.
As part of the Parent Advocacy Committee:
- KAPA (Korean American Parent Assoc.): Act as a parent advocate and liaison to promote inclusion with the help from the CHS PTSA; and assimilate into the school community and officers support for activities and events which lead to an enriched experience for parents and students at CHS.
- LAC (Latin American Council): Act as a parent advocate and liaison to promote inclusion with the help from the CHS PTSA; and assimilate into the school community and officers support for activities and events which lead to an enriched experience for parents and students at CHS.
As part of the Fundraising Committee:
- Clothing to Cash: Coordinate with the vendor to publicize and promote the “Clothing to Cash” program in CHS Community; provide monthly report(s) to CHS PTSA.
- Pancake Breakfast: Hold Pancake Breakfast within the first quarter; provide an end of the event report to CHS PTSA.
- Amazon Smile: Promote Amazon Smile program in CHS Community; provide quarterly report(s) to CHS PTSA.
Special Committee positions
After Prom Committee Chair:
- Collaborate with the Vice President - Programs;
- Organize and facilitate the planning, budget, and operation of CHS LATE NIGHT – CHS’s After Prom Party;
- Coordinate with CHS PTSA and CHS Administration to carry out action plans.
Membership: Act as aide(s) to the second Vice President – Memberships assisting with all initiatives relating to tracking, increasing and reporting on membership.
PTA Reflections: Coordinate with the county, state, and national PTA to publicize and promote the “PTA Reflection contest”.
SAT/ACT Prep: Reach out to TEST PREP business/organizations to provide affordable and educational opportunities to benefit our CHS students and the PTSA.
Student Directory: Coordinate with the President to reach out to the community business/organization sponsors; publish CHS Student Directory to CHS PTSA members.
For more information, or to nominate yourself or someone else, please contact the Nominating Committee member listed in below:
CHS PTSA Nominating Committee for 2022-2023 School Year:
Melissa Major, email@example.com
Stephanie Costello, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shenghui (Susan) Su, Shenghui.email@example.com, Cell: 301-247-3475