Attention ALL students interested in trying out for a WINTER Sport!!! Winter Sports Online Registration will open thru the Parent Portal at HCPSS Connect, starting Sunday, October 1, thru Sunday, November 12. All students interested in trying out for a Winter Sport MUST have their Parent/Guardian complete their Online Athletic Registration thru their Parent Portal at HCPSS Connect. ALL interested student athletes MUST have a physical dated on or after April 1, 2023. Please contact your physician to make an appointment if your child's physical examination does not meet this acceptance date.
Winter Sports Try-outs begin Wednesday, November 15. All students must have completed their online registration in order to tryout. For more information regarding online athletic registration, please log on to the chs.hcpss.org website or see the attached Instructions.
ONLINE ATHLETIC REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS - 6/20/23 - Parents/guardians are to complete and sign the following Documents thru HCPSS Connect:
1. Go to https://www.hcpss.org/connect (Links to an external site.);
2. Do not use your Mobile Phone;
3. Login to your HCPSS Connect Portal (Parents & Guardian MUST use the parental login. Using your students log in info. will not allow
you to register);
4. Once logged in, go to the menu on the left and click the bottom option, “More Options” (Family File, Reports Cards, etc.). If you have more than
one student make sure you have selected the student from the drop down menu at the top of the page.)
5. Click on Athletic Registration on the right hand side Menu, select the correct season Fall/Winter/Spring;
6. Complete all of the following forms AND E-Sign each one at the bottom of each page, click Save & Next to go thru each Document…Do not skip or leave any boxes blank. :
7. Upload the following forms: Physical Examination Form. Upload ALL pages of the Physical Examination Form.
Older physicals will not be accepted. (File sizes must be lower than 4 MB)
8. Upload a RECENT Utility bill, preferably a June/July, 2023, Bill for Fall Sports; October/November 2023, BGE Bill for Winter Sports;
A February/March, 2024, BGE Bill for Spring Sports (BGE, Water, Cable,…);
Bills older than June/July, 2023, will not be accepted.
* Make sure Pop Ups are Allowed;
* Registrations MUST BE DONE on a Parents/Guardians HCPSS Connect Account;
* FILE SIZE Limits of 4MB for Physicals and Utility – Try uploading one page at a time;
* Do Not Use your Cell Phone - users have been receiving error messages when using their cell phones to Register.
* Registration will close on 8/4/23!
Winter Sports try-outs begin on Wednesday, November 15 (exception is Allied Bowling, which will begin on or about December 4, 2023). CHS will offer the following Winter Sports Programs:
Allied Bowling - Head Coach Lizz Engle (Elizabeth_Engle@hcpss,org)
Cheerleading - Head Coach C'Yana Denby (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Boys Basketball - Head Coach Rob Slopek (Robert_Slopek@hcpss.org)
Girls Basketball - Head Coach James Stefan (email@example.com)
Boys & Girls Indoor Track - Head Coach Kevin McCoy (Kevin_McCoy@hcpss.org)
JV & Varsity Wrestling - Head Coach Cliff Kraisser (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Questions regarding Winter Sports? Please email the Coach above or email the Athletics & Activities Manager, Ms. Jeannie Prevosto @ Jeannie_Prevosto@hcpss.org